What are the benefits of LIVING CITY?
- LIVING CITY will inject over $112 million into the local economy every year
- It will generate over 830 new on-going jobs upon project completion
- LIVING CITY will establish Devonport as a tourist base for the North West by delivering a new hotel, inviting waterfront outdoor spaces and a Food Pavillion showcasing Tasmanian produce
- LIVING CITY will deliver a new business & office precinct in the Southern CBD
- LIVING CITY is more than just buildings. It will realise the community’s long held vision to revitalise the city centre, including an additional discount department store, multi-storey car park and opening up the city centre to the river
- LIVING CITY ensures future retail growth occurs in the CBD, avoiding further fragmentation
- LIVING CITY’s $250 million construction phase will create an unprecedented construction boom over a 5-8 year period